World Series of Greyhound Handicapping Format*
- All tournaments conducted by BigJackpotBetting.com or its affiliates between March 1st, 2017 and October 31st, 2017
("Tournament Timeframe") are included in the 2016 series.
- To enter any Tournament, each player will click on the Tournament Advertisement on the bigjackpotbetting.com home page. When requested enter his or her email address and existing bigjackpotbetting.com password. Registration is free of charge. Each player may only register one time.
- Selections: please see section below.
- There will be numerous tournaments held during the Tournament Timeframe. There is however, no actual currency wagered in a Tournament and Tournament wagers will not be placed into any pari-mutuel system. All monetary values are stated in U.S. Dollars.* Please see the Official Rules for the complete Scoring Rules.
- The World Series prize money (if any) will be paid out during the December tournament except for the overall winner prize money (if designated) which will be paid out after the close of the Tournament Timeframe.
- A player's winnings for every tournament they entered during the Tournament Timeframe will be accumulated into a year to date total for each player (see complete Scoring description in the Official Rules).
- The player's year to date total will determine their ranking going into the final December tournaments.
- Players will be allowed to change their selections during the tournaments (see complete Selection description below).
- Scoring – please read the complete Scoring section in the Official Rules.
The more you play during the Tournament Timeframe the higher your year to date ranking going into the finals in December.
** We encourage you to read the Official Rules for full information on this new tournament format.
SELECTIONS All players must submit their selections before entries close for that Tournament’s races. Selections may be made as soon as a Tournament is open for selections. Typically, this will be one or two days prior to the beginning of a Tournament. It is strongly recommended that players submit their selections as early as possible.
Each contestant is permitted to select one greyhound per race of the contest as their projected race winner.
A Tournament race’s official order of finish and the win payoff posted by the host racetrack based upon a $2 wager will determine each player’s payoffs except for their bonus race.
CLOSING OF SELECTIONS
Preliminary A. The closing time for making PRELIMINARY selections is two hours prior to the first race of the Tournament. This time will be prominently posted on our websites and in the tournament email announcement. Any player without at least one selection entered at Preliminary selection cutoff will be eliminated from the tournament.
Modifications to Selections B. At 15 minutes to post of the 1st race in the Tournament selections will be re-opened for modifications. Modifications to selections will be available throughout the Tournament and systematically close at the 3 minutes to post warning for each race.